Publishing, Sales Leadership, Content Marketing & Influencer Engagement
I was placed at MediaPlanet in 2008 by an executive recruitment firm to help turnaround the under performing NY branch of this 20+ country publishing house. Within eighteen months I had broken every advertising sales record and published more than 15 special interest reports in leading daily press outlets.
- Managed editorial, sponsorship and creative direction for 12-24 page special reports in newspapers like the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post & USA Toda.
- Set advertising sales records ($1.5M) by teaming up with companies like Pfizer, McKesson, CSX, Siemens, Glaxo-Smith-Klein, CVS, Syngenta, Patgonia, Taylor Guitars and more.
- Appointed Social Media Team Lead and achieved a 35% ROI on company Facebook page by aligning clients with our social media accounts to close deals that were an avg. of 20% higher.
- Went on to build, develop and manage a team of four publishers responsible for over $10 million in annual gross revenue.
- Responsible for key accounts and oversaw editorial direction / sponsorship support for focused reports in healthcare, lifestyle and corporate social responsibility.
- Managed a $3.1 million annual P&L while exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue forecasts by 20%.
Check out some of my favorite publications below: